Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Keep the Passion Burnin'

Remember your childhood years, when you unconsciously keep on repeating things that you love doing? For some it may be drawing, others like cooking or baking, then there’s a bookworm who spends much time reading. These are just concrete examples of hidden passion. At such a young age, there is this strong desire of which one enjoys doing.

Unfortunately, not all children were given equal chances to pursue what they are passionate about. Due to unavoidable circumstances, one cannot be able to enhance his/her innate ability. But mind you, somewhere, somewhen, someday, that natural skill will come out unexpectedly.

It will never be too late to start doing your passion again. In my case, I am a frustrated writer. Creative writing was my secret pastime when I was younger. It was my way of expressing my thoughts and delivering my feelings. This may also be the reason why I signed up on a micro-blogging site, Twitter. I just cannot believe that though many years have passed, I still love composing essays.

I would like to thank a good friend, Eric Capacia, who encouraged me to write again. Now that I’m starting to blog, expect more entries from me. Like his advice to me, I would like to end my very first entry with the exact words he has told me, “do whatever makes you happy and keep the passion burnin’.”

***

No comments:

Post a Comment