Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Idiopathic Loneliness

"If it's a broken part, replace it.
If it's a broken arm then brace it.
If it's a broken heart then face it."

Those are the lines from one of my favorite songs, "Details In Fabric" by Jason Mraz and James Morrison. Based on the song lyrics, which they meant figuratively, there is always a way to manage the cause of our sadness. Easier said than done, right? Mind you, what's harder to do is to deal loneliness brought about by an unknown cause. I call it "idiopathic loneliness."

Lucky are the people who feel sad for a reason. It sounds odd but that's the truth. Way better than feeling unhappy for no apparent reason. That's really tough to handle!

There are times I wonder, why do I feel I'm at my lowest point of my life when in fact, nothing's wrong going on around me and that everything's perfectly fine. "Emo" as they say, short for emotional. Errr, I hate that feeling, no cure to that! Unlike if you know the cause or the problem, it is much easier to make a move or even find a solution.

I don't know. Even old Mr. Webster could never define. It could be the weather, perhaps our hormones, etc. But whatever the cause of our unhappiness, let us not forget that at the end of the day, we all get tired and lonely. So grieve... struggle... cry. It's okay not to be okay, as long as we find means to get back to our happy lives -- in our own terms, in our own way.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment