Thursday, July 5, 2012

Entrusting the Trusted Friend

Gone are the days when I frequently receive an invite to attend a debut party of a friend. That's totally sooo college! Not too long years after I graduated, I figured, I often get invited still, but this time to witness a baptism.

To be a part of a Christening is something I truly appreciate, especially when I was picked to be the child's godparent. Here I admit, when someone asked me to be their child's "ninong", I feel honored and happy.

To be chosen means the parents trust me. They saw something in me to the point that they are entrusting me to guide, discipline, and love their children similar to the way they do. That's more than enough proof that our friendship does not exist only inside the classroom or bounded within the school year. It is a sign of true friendship taking into the "serious" next level and that hoping to last for a lifetime!
A big thanks to my many "kumpares" and "kumares" for the TRUST they are offering to me. Newest additions to the list are Rachele, Kaye & Gian. I can't promise anything just yet but definitely, I will try my best to be, or better yet, I will be a good role model to these kids and support their proud parents in raising them up. Again, THANK YOU!

P.S.: Ninong Ludwig is gone during Christmastime! =)

***

No comments:

Post a Comment