Saturday, December 22, 2012

Secret Santa

It’s that time of the year when it isn’t our birthday, yet, we receive surprise gifts and wonderful presents. Sure, it’s Christmastime!

In the spirit of gift-giving, my officemates and I organized our very first Kris Kringle. We did not plan to make it extravagant. Just simple enough to celebrate the season.

The categories per week were the following, with the gifts I received from my Secret Santa:

Week 1: something that describes your Santa Baby -- a dark chocolate bar (am i bittersweet?)
Week 2: something boxed-up -- a box of Nesvita
Week 3: something random & weird -- a concealer
Week 4: something annoying yet funny -- an eyeliner
Week 5: something Christmassy -- candy cane
Grand: something your Santa Baby likes -- to unwrap on Christmas Day + the gifts I got from
my workmates

Too bad my Secret Santa revealed that I was her Santa Baby the day before the first gift-giving. Supposedly, revelation is done at the end or during the last gift-giving day. I admit, it reduced the amount of excitement, but the enthusiasm never faded away. Each week, I was looking forward to the gifts my “Secret Santa” prepared and wrapped for me.

As a token of appreciation for all the gifts that Secret Santa gave, Santa Baby then returns the generosity of Secret Santa by giving a "thank you gift."

I know that this was our practice long before when we were still studying. But no matter how many times we do it, it is still fun and exciting -- from overthinking who's our Secret Santa, to what gift to buy, to how to wrap it. It's always fun! At the end of the whole gift-giving thingy, we learned that it feels good to give, whether it's small or big, expensive or cheap. It's the thought that matters! Now we know why Santa Claus loves giving presents!

Speaking of him, thanks to the real-life Santa Claus (officemates) for coming early to town! These gifts make me feel like a kiddo guessing what's inside!

Have yourself a merry little Christmas!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment